[WriteLog] Roundup Log Entry File Format

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Roundup Log Entry File Format
From: ion.rusovici@ess.ro (Ion Rusovici)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:35:11 -0000
I am a little bit confused by the required file format for ARRL RTTY
Roundup electronic log submission.

Is Cabrillo format good enough? And if this answer is yes, the Cabrillo
format does not contain the required column for the rest periods. How
should I deal with this? Or should I use the ASCII format generated in
chronological order, where this information is shown?

On the ARRL site
(http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/1999/rules-all.html) I found this
indication:
All QSO data must appear in each line, aligned by columns, and must
include:
1. band: wavelength for HF and frequency for VHF.

2. mode: designator such as CW, PH, etc.

3. date: in MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY format.

4. time: 4-digit UTC without colons.

5. call sign of station worked.

6. complete exchange sent.

7. complete exchange received.

8. indication of multipliers: for example an asterisk (*),
section/prefix/zone, etc. for the first time the multiplier is
contacted.

9. points claimed: ALL unclaimed QSOs must be "0" points.
.In contests that require rest periods, the "times on" and "times off"
must be in a separate column.

Here is the Cabrillo output of the first line of my log:
            QSO: 14076 RY 2003-01-04 1842 YO3JF         599      1
OE8YDQ        599    005
And here is the 41st line of the log in ASCII chronological form:
                41  2003-01-05 0713    14087 IT9PKO        599 599 007
European Italy I     2142Z->0713Z 45Bd

If one looks very strictly no format is observing the stated rules of
the log ARRL file format.

Many thanks for any advice and Happy New Year to everybody!

Ion, YO3JF

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---