[WriteLog] Correction for postal symbol

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Correction for postal symbol
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:31:48 -0800
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:00:48 -0500, Bob McCormick W1QA wrote:

>Since I don't think there's any overlap (yet?!)
>between the US postal codes for states and territories,
>and Canadian provinces and territories ...
>why don't we do just the opposite?
>
>Canada gets provinces 11 through 60 ...
>plus a few overseas trust territories
>and PR, VI, etc. to sweeten the pot.
>
>Think of all the things the US would get?
>Something other than a two-party system ...
>colourful money ... loonies & twonies (sp?!)
>
>We can keep the same callsign prefixes ...
>I just don't know how we're going to renumber
>all those postal codes.

Ok, let's do it.

After annexation, California will be divided into two provinces,
Northern California and Southern California.  In order to make
things as intricate as possible (The Canadian Way), all areas
formerly under Mexican control will have XE in the callsign,
except for certain areas of No. Cal. which were Russian a while
back.  Stations like mine, a -7 in -6 land, will include both
areas for purposes of clarity.

Therefore, my call will now be WSCXE76TI.  Much better.  Should I
move to No. Cal. where the Russians once were, I would become
WNCUA76TI.  And if I am living in No. Cal. and operating portable
in So. Cal...  Well, never mind that for now.

Certainly no more difficult that what our Canadian friends are
doing.  :-)

73, Bill W7TI