[WriteLog] PI4COM need help with CW problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PI4COM need help with CW problems
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed Jan 29 15:43:11 2003
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:48:29 -0500, Bob McCormick W1QA wrote:

>I find if I even try to do something simple like
>use a web browser (Internet Explorer) when WriteLog
>is sending CW - the CW becomes affected (garbled).
>
>I suspect there's something that's running on
>your system, maybe handling interrupts or other
>higher priority code causing the WriteLog keying
>not to function properly / cleanly.

Whenever I run WriteLog I close all other programs first just for this
reason and it works well.  With WinXP, there is a program called
MSCONFIG you can run from the command line which makes it easy.  Run the
program, then select the startup tab and click the "deselect all" box.
Restart the computer and nothing at all is running in the background.
Then start Writelog and you're about as clean as you can be.  I use
MSCONFIG so often I have placed an icon on the desktop.

I don't recall if that same function exists in Win98, but I'll bet there
is something similar.

73, Bill W7TI