[WriteLog] Satisfaction At Last (maybe)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Satisfaction At Last (maybe)
From: jpixton@shentel.net (Jerry Pixton)
Date: Tue Feb 4 14:01:03 2003
At 08:31 AM 2/4/2003 -0600, rojomn wrote:

>Besides there is no logical reason that both of these should not work
>together?
>It does not make logical sense to use both hardware and software PTT at the
>same time but it should not make the program fail either. As a matter of
>fact I have not seen the MMTTY symptom here although I admit to not using it
>that much.

Actually it does if you happen to have a radio with a bug in it, like the
FT1000mp which drops the PTT after commanded via the CAT when in CW mode.
So the only way to have CAT control for other modes and to use CW is to
have both.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC
jpixton@shentel.net