[WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update
From: jim@n7us.net (Jim McDonald)
Date: Wed Feb 5 07:26:22 2003
If you use an AR-Cluster you can limit the spots you receive to only RTTY.
Here's the on-line manual section for filters:
http://www.ab5k.net/ArcDocs/UserManual/ArcFilters.htm#DxBandMode

But you might miss some spots using the band-mode filters in a RTTY contest.
The reason is that the AR-Cluster program uses a frequency list that
specifies the frequency ranges are assumed to be RTTY.  For 20, it's
14070-14150, and 40 is 7040-7100.  For non-contest periods that seems fine,
but stations outside of those ranges would be missed.  The ranges can be
changed by the sysop.

I don't think many (any?) of my users use band-mode filtering.  If there's
interest, I can change the RTTY ranges to whatever RTTY contest ops want
them to be - just let me know.  Anyone is welcome to connect.  The system is
stable, though my ISP, Sprint Broadband Direct, seems to be the weak link,
in case you get disconnected.

I only carry spots from US/VE stations, but I can change that if there's
enough demand, especially if it's for a good cause, like a RTTY contest
weekend.  Users not wanting spots from outside the US can filter them out.

Let me know soon.  Just type in n7us.net in place of an IP address in
WriteLog.

Jim McDonald - N7US
Mesa, Arizona
jim@n7us.net