[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer and KB ESC Key

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer and KB ESC Key
From: artw4aa@aug.com (Art Wildblood)
Date: Wed Feb 5 19:07:15 2003
I am running a simple one radio, cw-only setup, using the XD Multi+ Keyer.
Everything seems fine, except that when the keyboard ESC key is used to stop
a programmed F-key message, cw can no longer be generated by either another
PFK or the keyer paddle; i.e., the radio is "hung".  WL continues to poll
the radio and indicate frequency control.  It is necessary to turn the keyer
OFF/ON to resume operating.  Even then, that is not foolproof -- Sometimes,
the previously playing message resumes, or stuff from other PFK buffers
play.  This occurs every time!  I can duplicate the problem with virtually
zero power out into a dummy load (no RFI), and with a rock solid 12V DC
supply (auto battery) to the keyer.  Is it me, or is there something wrong?
A tap of the paddle stops an F-key message OK, w/o a problem.  Also, I find
that neither Shift/Home nor Control/C (CT compatibility) stops an F-key
message, but I'm not 100% sure the conditions under which they are supposed
to stop one.

Thanks, Art/W4AA