[WriteLog] cool off

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] cool off
From: w5xd@writelog.com (Wayne Wright, W5XD)
Date: Tue Feb 11 10:25:47 2003
> Hey Guys and Gals...thought this was a WL forum, not a gripe session!
> Lets all use this wonderful program and have fun, isn't that what Ham
> Radio is supposed to be? Leon N5PU

While I agree with the above, I want to add some more comments. I believe
some (or many?) postings recently don't show much evidence of having been
thought out for the LARGE audience on this reflector.

I for one DEPEND on this reflector for gathering information about how
well WriteLog is working for new and experienced users. It is clear that
others DEPEND on it for learning how to use the software and/or solve
problems with it. And almost all of us have limited time to scan through
posts that having nothing to do with what we are using the reflector for.

Here are a couple things that I request NOT be posted (as I don't think
they serve the audience here)

1. Contest scores. (There is already a very well run reflector for that)
2. "your post is off topic" (PLEASE--send a PRIVATE email for this.
sending it on the reflector only AMPLIFIES the problem!)
3. Any posting that addresses itself to some particular individual--send
it PRIVATE. This doubly applies if the content is commentary on that
person's behavior, technical abilities, or other stuff that absolutely no
one else cares about.

There have been numerous well worded reflector etiquette papers written
over the years, but I don't have one handy to refer to. But I think pretty
much everyone on this reflector can figure it out without my help.

Thanks,
Wayne, W5XD