[WriteLog] pj7/w1cx

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] pj7/w1cx
From: w1cx@earthlink.net (W1CX)
Date: Fri Feb 14 17:20:54 2003
Well, I'm back from my first try at being on the other end of the pileup.

In the XE contest, I worked 437. I don't have a final score as I did not have
the module and when a local guy downloaded it for me I could not transport its
2.1 meg file size. An attempt at "splitting" it did not work. So I cobbled
together some field definitions and will hand score it.

In the WPX, I worked 1507 and 508 mults. Again, no score this time because WL
thought I was in the US and I didn't know how to educate it. If anyone knows
how I can tell writelog I am in North America but not in the US and then
recalculate the score please let me know. Otherwise I will just start at the
top. Also, am I right that all the serial numbers must have leading zeroes?
'599 001' is correct and simply '599 1' is not correct. Correct??

QSL to my home call. After the demand dies down from the people-in-a-hurry, I
will just send the rest of the non-US cards to the outgoing buro. If you want
it sooner (or are in the US), include something for postage. The cards are not
yet printed, I really didn't think I would be able to get everything to work.

Single biggest problem is the same problem I have at home, namely RF in the
computer. After a flawless XE-FMRE contest, the next weekend, in the WPX while
running 100w rfi leaked into a serial port. I abandoned the use of the external
keyboard to recover the 4 ferrites I had on its cord--had a total of 10 ferrite
cores in use. The screen would freeze and I had to restart the computer every
30 to 45 minutes from Saturday afternoon thru to the end.

But folks I had a great time and people stare at my suntan. Thurs I awoke to a
temp of 80 degrees F and Friday, I awoke to -26 F, a 106 degree difference.

73, Loyd, w1cx