[WriteLog] Beam Heading Problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Beam Heading Problem
From: k4sb@earthlink.net (K4SB)
Date: Wed Feb 26 11:27:33 2003
DaveK wrote:
> Hello All,
> Two weeks ago I got the latest version of WL.  In loading in the Qth
> coordinates, I find the beam heading to be way off. For example, from
> Virginia to the UK, the beam heading is about 4 degrees and some 300
> miles away.  I discussed this with K4JA & K9JY Scot. I even used the
> K4JA coordinates.  Same problem.

WOW, no wonder you guys further North whip the socks off us! ):>

Seriously, there are 3 possibilities.

1. Your home data is not properly set, or WL is changing it into
something else.

2. The UK data is not properly set, or WL is changing it.

3. The algorithm in that version of WL is wrong.

And if I had to bet my boots, I'd vote for #3.

73
Ed