[WriteLog] Interface control PTT trouble

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Interface control PTT trouble
From: ea3qp@telefonica.net (EA3QP - Eugeni)
Date: Sat Mar 1 12:47:14 2003
Hi,

I'm building my own Sound-Card interface and PTT control.

The data is the follow:
- OS version: Windows XP
- Rig: IC-775
- PTT control: Using opto-isolated control througth "typical" AN33
- COM used: COM1

Writelog Ports windows  setup:
. COM 1:
CW check box: CHECKED
Rig chrck Box: CHECKED
Rig : IC-775
Baud rate AUto
Poll:CHECKED
ComPTT: None (I think IC-775 don't accept PTT commands)
DVK Interface: Windows Sound Card
All mode PPT on CW port RTS: CHECKED
Anything else selected... .

The interfase is using COM1 to pick-up the RTS signal to activate or deactivate
the PTT.

So, when I accept this windows (before to send any message) the IC-775 puts on
transmit mode (the program activated RTS signal) so the AN-33 activate the PTT.
And it remains all time in TX mode.

If I select other COM the 775 back to RX but then the interfase don't receive
the RTS signal.

Please, any idea about to the rigth control of the PTT througth the COM port
using and interfase.

Advanced thanks

Eugeni - EA3QP

Eugeni - EA3QP