[WriteLog] what did I do wrong?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] what did I do wrong?
From: W1NET@arrl.net (W1NET)
Date: Sun Mar 2 13:42:18 2003
started the dx contest this weekend. opened the file for this contest.
started logging qso...all were in the us..no sweat.  Then starting hitting
dx.  writelog would not let me enter the power it insisted on qth data.
fought with it for a while and then just went back to paper.  what did I
screw up?

the exchange only says qth but I thought I would just write the power value
there...no field ever showed up for power.  I could get a power value to
show up in the log but not in qso entry.

any help much appreciated.

John W1NET