[WriteLog] ICOM rig addressing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ICOM rig addressing
From: n4ig@tampabay.rr.com (Dave N4IG)
Date: Mon Mar 3 09:24:07 2003
Hi All;

A couple of weeks ago there was a thread concerning
Icom rig control/addressing. I just installed DX4WIN
6.02 and decided to test the 2 radio control there.
I use the ICOM CT-17 and I plug an ICOM 746 pro and 707
into the CT-17. (it has 4 inputs) I am able to control
the rigs via a single comm port connected to the CT-17.

If this was implemented into WriteLog you could save a
comm port. You would still have to be able to switch the
CW keying and Mic outputs to the two rigs.

Just an FYI since there seemed to be some confusion about
the ability to use 1 Comm port and a CT-17 to control
more than 1 ICOM rig.

73 Dave N4IG