[WriteLog] Rig Interface to Kenwood TS-570d(G)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Interface to Kenwood TS-570d(G)
From: dl6jz@t-online.de (dl6jz@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Mar 5 03:02:19 2003
Hi Bob,

I had a TS-570 some months ago. There were absolute no problems with
rig-control and WriteLog. It worked a lot better than the rig-control
of my FT-1000MP.

But my experiences say that it is impossible to share one IRQ for
several COM-port without a special device with its own driver software
( like PCI multiport I/O-cards).

If you use the onboard ports together with 2 ports on an ISA-card you
must assign every COM-port its own IRQ.

How to do that depends on several properties of your additional
COM-port-hardware, the BIOS of your computer and the actual hardware
configuration of the PC.

73 + 55
Wolf, DL6JZ