[WriteLog] Can't Find/Open MSNP32.dll or It Is All NW0L's Fault

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't Find/Open MSNP32.dll or It Is All NW0L's Fault
From: k8sia@arrl.net (The Besancons)
Date: Sat Mar 8 13:02:58 2003
With no offense to Marty.

After reading Marty's write-up on recycled PC's, I found one that has 2 com
ports, a ISA slot, USB and is over twice as fast and has 6 times the memory
I have now, so I purchased one.

Now the fun begins. I called my son-in-law to stop over with the grandkids
and load up Windows 98 (please, no comments about OS choice). First time up,
the COMPAQ balked on missing .vxd files, but a quick trip up to my wife's PC
and a copy solved that. Then the machine complained about can't find or open
MSNP32.dll and RASAPI32.dll. These files are in the Windows/System
directory.

Any known solution ? I can follow directions pretty well.

What does this have to do with Writelog? Well, I am trying to get the new
machine up, so I can build my internet connection, download and install
10.39 for the Sprint.

73
Jim K8SIA