[WriteLog] Problem with sending numbers?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with sending numbers?
From: rradiohham1@earthlink.net (Vince Walton)
Date: Mon Mar 17 12:19:41 2003
I only had time to work the BARTG contest on Sun. Many of the stations that
I had worked, said that they only received lower case letters, instead of
numbers when I sent the report, this did not to seem to happen to all
contacts, but it did happen many times, never had this problem before, and
have been running Writelog for some time now. I tried setting up the report
message different ways, only to have about the same results.

This is the ways I tried sending the reports.
%R %D UR 599 %3 %3 %T %T DE K6BIR
%R %C TU UR %3-%T %3-%T DE K6BIR
%R %3 %3 %3 %T %T DE K6BIR

I am running Writelog V 10.39c, on Win 98se, 800 MHz machine, no changes
from other times I have used this setup, this computer has been in use for
some time with Writlog, and do not ever recall having this problem before.
I have no idea what programs the receiving stations where running, but it
would be interesting to find out. One station said that I was the only one
that was doing this on his program. But after the contest, I transmitted to
another rig and computer with Writelog on it, with no problems.

Did anyone else see a problem with this, or am I the only one?

If anyone did work me, and had a problem copying me, please let me know
what program you were using. I did not want to take the time during the
contest to find out what programs the other stations were using.

Tnx, and 73
Vince, K6BIR