[WriteLog] Two Questions for new user

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Two Questions for new user
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 10:54:08 2003
In a message dated 3/19/2003 4:07:49 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
wmetzger@earthlink.net writes:

> 2)   How do you set-up the Telnet function to access Internet Clusters.
> The help file says to use the file telnet message, but I can't find any
> place that this exists or place to enter.

Bill, this is one of WL's hidden mysteries, hi.  Here is the key to unlock
the mystery:

In WL's Window Menu, click on Packet Window to open the WriteLog Packet
Terminal window.

In the WriteLog Packet Terminal window, open the File menu.

In the File menu, click on "Telnet...".

You will then get a "Enter IP name or address for Telnet" window.  Enter the
appropriate IP address and Port and click OK.  You should then get a reply
from the Telnet site to logon.  Go ahead and log onto the system.  The packet
spots will not only appear in the WriteLog Packet Terminal window, but they
will also appear in the Packet Spots window which you must open on the main
WL window.

If you need an address, try kc4hw.homelinux.net, Port 8000.  This is the one
I have been using.

Pse let me know if you have any questions.

73, Geo...
George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450