[WriteLog] Limit of QSO's in General Log

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Limit of QSO's in General Log
From: writelog@W1QA.com (Bob McCormick W1QA)
Date: Thu Mar 20 09:59:59 2003
[snip]
> I have checked this using the data from Turbolog. It was
> possible to import in this log 66,500 QSO's but you will have
> only about 1,000 QSO's (from the beginning of the log) after
> restarting it. Importing 60,000 QSO's (may be 3,000 to 5,000
> more) is OK.
>
> Please give me any comments on this. Maybe this problem (if
> it exists) is solved with the latest versions?

Of course, the best response will come from the program's
author! But I suspect you have found a limitation based on a
significant power of two:  65,536

There may be some programming limitation as to the number
of records based on a 16-bit number?

I have only recently become QRV again after many years QRT.
I use WriteLog for contesting, but have chosen to use
DXBase2003 for general purpose log.  It was easy to load
all my old logs (home brew logging programme) into DXBase,
and even easier to export from WriteLog to ADI then into DXbase.

(I had considered using WriteLog for my general logging
programme, but in asking on this list and in other places,
most responses suggested I use one of the many general
logging utilities.  I have gone with DXBase2003 because
of its good implementation of Windows interface and the
data is stored in a Microsoft Access compatible database.)

Hope this helps!

73
Bob W1QA