[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ Keyer Questions
From: widelitz@gte.net (Ken Widelitz)
Date: Thu Mar 27 22:56:59 2003
I'm setting up the W5XD Multi+ Keyer for SO2R operation. I've got the block
diagram and I'm confused.

1. I ran the soundboard check program and passed with a score of 71.
However, there is no "Line Out" on my sound card. There is a "Digital Out."
Is this the same thing and is this where the mic out should go?

2. Each rig in the block diagram has a "Rcv Audio" and "Phones." The "Rcv
Audio" goes to the Sound Card Line In. "Phones" go to the W5XD Multi+ Keyer
"Rcv-R" or "Rcv-L" I don't understand why audio from the phones don't go
through the keyer to the headphones and then on to the Sound Card Line In.
Anybody?

3. Beyond that issue, on my TS-950SDX I can get receive audio out from the
phone patch out. The phone patch out volume varies with AF gain. I
understand how this can work with the Sound Card Line in. No problem as far
as the 950SDX's goes. However, what about the Icom 756 Pro II? I can get
fixed AF out from ACC(1). But that is fixed output. Does it work? How?

I'm trying to get this ready for WPX this weekend so I can learn Writelog. I
appreciate any quick responses. Thanks.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT