[WriteLog] Writelog control of Kenwood TS680S (or TS140S)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog control of Kenwood TS680S (or TS140S)
From: andrew@exinet.co.za (Andrew Roos)
Date: Mon Apr 14 05:51:48 2003
Hi

Does anyone have experience in controlling a TS680S (or TS140S, which is
virtually the same radio) from Writelog?

I'm a new Writelog user and would like to interface with my existing TS680S,
particularly so that band (and possibly mode) changes I make on the rig can
be picked up by the software. Before spending $100 on the interface card (an
IF-10R which is a third-party replacement for Kenwood's IF-10C), I would
like to confirm that the 680S does in fact send band change information to
Writelog when band changes are made on the 680S.

(Otherwise I'll be looking for a new rig).

Many thanks and 73
Andrew ZS1AN