[WriteLog] RE: UserPort

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: UserPort
From: bob@wa2mno.ampr.org (Bob Lafont)
Date: Fri May 2 21:49:50 2003
Bill, while I'm not glad to hear that you are having the same problem as me
I am  relieved to know that someone else is having problems like myself
which tells me that something is being missed between the implementation of
UserPort and WL. Okay, it very well maybe an issue with XP and how it is
controlling my computer but the bottom line is that, like you, I can get
another program to properly control the two radio interfaces I have and key
the radio through a DX Doubler SO2R box but WL is not consistently seeing
the radio control interfaces and has never keyed either radio in the CW
mode.

I am still hoping that someone can provide more input on UserPort and WL.

My pc uses a PCI interface for COM3 (FT1000MP MkV) and a standard system
COM1 for the second radio (FT847). LPT1 is the standard system port.

I tried your suggestion of using:
cwtype=2
cwport=6

but WL still recognized 0x0378 as LPT2.

Is anyone who is using direct-io had similar problems or has that worked
flawessly?

73 - Bob
wa2mno