[WriteLog] A word about MMTTY 1.65 & WL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A word about MMTTY 1.65 & WL
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu May 22 01:33:12 2003
Thanks to Ed, K4SB, for asking me a question about the installation
of MMTTY 1.65.  There are several different ways you can do it.

If you are using the MMTTY engine (mmtty.exe) with WriteLog, you
can download just the 1.65 engine and replace the existing mmtty.exe
file wherever it is on your hard drive.  Remember that the engine is just
the mmtty.exe file and nothing more.  You can download just the engine
and not the rest of the files if you choose to do so.  The MMTTY page
is at www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmtty/.  I believe qsl.net is down right
now so you will have to wait until it comes back up.

IT'S IMPORTANT THAT MMTTY IS INSTALLED IN THE SAME
DIRECTORY YOU HAVE IT IN NOW.  IF NOT, YOU WILL HAVE TO
EDIT YOUR WRITELOG.INI FILE WITH THE NEW LOCATION.

You do not have to uninstall any previous versions of MMTTY.  MMTTY
is not placed into the registry as far as I can tell (I searched and could not
find it).  So it doesn't need to be uninstalled.  You can install the new
version
directly over the old version.

However, you may want to copy the old version to some other location in
the remote chance that there is a problem with 1.65.  But as I mentioned
earlier, I believe the 1.65 engine is the same 1.64b engine that I've been beta
testing for the past few contests with no problems.

One more thing.  If you decide to install the entire MMTTY set of files, during
the installation process you will be prompted where to install these files.  The
default location in the installation process for ver. 1.65 is C:\MMTTY.  In
previous
versions, the default location was C:\Program Files\MMTTY.  So if you are going
to install the entire group of files, you will need to navigate to C:\Program
Files\MMTTY
if that is where you have it installed now.

Also, if you install 1.65 over a previous version, you will lose all your
settings.
This should not be a big deal if you are strictly using it for WriteLog because
there
aren't a lot of settings to make.

Let me know if you run into problems.  I'll be quite busy catching up at work
after
vacation, but I'll try to help everyone that requests help.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com