[WriteLog] Loss of All QSOs from Memory

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Loss of All QSOs from Memory
From: flgrossman@earthlink.net (Frank Grossman (WB2BXO))
Date: Sun May 25 03:50:04 2003
First, Dave, my deepest sympathies on losing the whole log.  I can't imagine
anything more frustrating.

A few suggestions just in case you haven't investigated them already....

Try Start, Documents, then click on the log name in the document list.
Perhaps the whole log, or most of it, will mysteriously appear when you do
this.

Have you searched your hard drive?  I once misplaced a log in the root
directory, and found it only by accident.

Is it possible that some data recovery service or software could retrieve
it?  I recall reading somewhere that deleted files are not really deleted,
and can be recovered in whole or in part.  Or have I watched too many
episodes of CSI and Law and Order?  :)

...And I'm going back to my station later this morning and e-mailing my
files to another computer!

73 and good luck,
Frank
wb2bxo@arrl.net