[WriteLog] Acom tools, SO2R and WriteLog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Acom tools, SO2R and WriteLog
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Thu May 29 12:28:26 2003
Eric,

AcomTools worked on my Win98 and W2K machines, but doesn't seem to work on
my new WinXP machine. FWIW, even when I had it working under W2K I
eventually disabled the automatic tuning feature. As I recall, when
Writelog's keyboard focus moved back and forth between the radios, AcomTools
would send a new frequency to the amp, causing it to retune frequently. This
was harmless, but annoying. I think the idea was that you might be sharing a
single amp between two radios. For a while I used the manual tune feature in
AcomTools, which allowed me to retune the amp without moving the transmit
focus and hitting a dit. That was OK, but not a huge help. Now I just move
the transmit focus to the second radio and hit a dit to tune the amp.

73, Dick WC1M