[WriteLog] Mult-Keyer CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mult-Keyer CW
From: llindblom@juno.com (Larry L Lindblom)
Date: Fri Jul 4 12:36:26 2003
I hooked up a W5XD Multi-Keyer to an IC-775 and WriteLog is reading the
rig frequency/mode FB.  The remote varies the displayed CW speed as
expected and I can hear the relay switch when I flip the switch to L or
R..  However, on CW I get no rig keying.  In the Ports menu things appear
to be OK.  I'm using a RS mono cable from the Mult-Keyer to the IC-775,
is that the problem?  I've notice that touching the tip of the male mono
plug to the outer edge of the female jack on the Multi-Keyer keys the
rig?

I've looked over the archives and saw a couple of posts that indicate a
mono cable should work OK unless you have ground loops.  I previously
used LPT port keying.  Is there something I need to check out in the INI
file, or do I need to stop using RS cables and build one, or?

Oh WL 10.40J on Win ME.

73 Larry L
W0ETC