[WriteLog] Sound cards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound cards
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu Jul 10 18:53:53 2003
> Setting up a pc here with two sound cards all works fine with the mmtty
> module using the second sound card but when I try to use the cw decoder
> it will only see the input on sound card 1
>
> Is their anyway to change this? And make the second sound card the
> writelog default.

Try using the "SoundBoardIndex= " ini file parameter.  I think the default
is "0", so try using "1" and see if it finds your other soundcard.

>From the HELP file: (note last paragraph)

Second sound board

WriteLog puts all its sound board functions except one on the sound board
indicated by this ini file entry:

[Configuration]
SoundBoardIndex=0

The one exception is the AudioReview function, which WriteLog puts on the
sound board indicated by this ini file entry:

[AudioReview]
SoundBoardIndex=0

If you have two sound boards, the best configuration is to set the two INI
entries to different sound boards, and set the Windows default sound board
to the one for AudioReview. That way, your AudioReview playback and all
other Windows function go on one sound board, and WriteLog's transmit and
receive functions use a dedicated sound board.