[WriteLog] Questions about Writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Questions about Writelog
From: k8isk@comcast.net (Terry Price)
Date: Sat Jul 12 12:37:34 2003
Hi Wayne,

My name is Terry, K8ISK. I am the coordinator for a very large VHF multi-multi
group, K8GP. We have been using CT for many years and want to get away from it.
I've owned Writelog for several years and see it as a great replacement for CT.
There are a couple of stumbling blocks however maybe you could address for me.

1. In CT, ALT-D brings up a "pass" window, whatever call has the cursor under
it is auto-added to the pass window, you type in the frequency and it sends it
to everyone. In Writelog, the only thing I see that is like that is the sked
window, however it requires mouse movement which slows run rates. Any thoughts
as to asigning a ALT keystoke to this? I know you already use ALT-D but some
other keystroke would work for this.

2. The VHF transverter offset application is great!!! Is there a way you could
extend this above 3456 to al least 24GHz?

3. Beam headings. Writelog appears to not have any way to calculate beam
heading to a grid locator. If the program knew your 6 digit grid square, it
could calculate the heading to any other 4 digit or 6 digit heading. This is
INVALUABLE for either single ops or multiops in VHF contesting.

Thanks for the time, I look forward to migrating to Writelog, you have done a
great job on it!!

73,

Terry Price
K8ISK