[WriteLog] DVK/Keyer for IC756ProII

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK/Keyer for IC756ProII
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 11:18:23 2003
In a message dated 7/16/2003 10:00:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rwmcgwier@comcast.net writes:

> Someone asked about DVK's using the internal memories on the IC-756ProII.
> BetterRF Company's I-MATE accessory for the ICOM IC-756PROII and IC-746PRO
> connects to the mike jack.  I don't have one and don't know if it can be
> interfaced with Writelog.
>

> http://www.qth.com/BetterRF/
>

> Bob
> N4HY

Bob,

You are correct, BetterRF's I-MATE is an accessory for the IC-756 ProII and
IC-746Pro that connects to the transceiver's MIC jack and provides for keying
the internal voice and cw memories as an "external keypad".  It also provides a
pulsed tuning function for the manual tuning of linear amps.

The I-MATE does not interface with the computer and, therefore, does not
interface with WriteLog or any other logging program.  Having said that, I use
the
I-MATE as my "voice keyer" while using WL as my logging program.  (I just
can't use the computer's function keys to trigger the voice messages.)  For me,
it is an easy solution to having a voice keyer without having to bother with a
computer sound card, and I find that simplicity to be an advantage.

I am pretty familiar with the I-MATE, so please let me know if you have any
questions.

73, George, k5kg

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC