[WriteLog] Lost RTTY Window

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Lost RTTY Window
From: n6nt@arrl.net (Bruce Sawyer)
Date: Mon Jul 21 13:08:51 2003
I know this sounds ridiculous, but somehow I have "lost" my RTTYRITE window.
When I start Writelog, I get the little "Writelog RTTY Receiver" window
which is the RTTYRITE tuning indicator, but nowhere can I find the RTTY
window itself.  If I go to the main logging window and select "Window | Rtty
Window", then nothing happens.  The reason, I'm sure, is that the RTTY
Window is already open but there are some nonsense values somewhere in
Windows\writelog.ini describing the location and shape of this window.
Since I don't know what sort of values are expected in writelog.ini, much
less what the field names are, I can't figure how to go plug some values
manually in order to get a window back which I could then resize and place
conveniently.

This did happen to me once before, and I discovered the window was hidden
just off the right edge of my display.  Now, though, I can't find a trace of
it anywhere around the edge of the display, even when hiding the task bar at
the bottom.  What causes this?  More importantly, how do I get that window
back?

Bruce, N6NT