[WriteLog] Wrong Frequency (Sub Band) Logged with IC756

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wrong Frequency (Sub Band) Logged with IC756
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Mon Aug 4 16:45:22 2003
--- Jerry Pixton W6IHG <jpixton@shentel.net> wrote:

> I think this is a fault with the 756proII, not with Writelog. When I
> manually set a split, the radio reports out the frequency of the active VFO
> (which ever one I have selected) and does not report to Writelog that it is
> really in split mode (I see no command to just read the state of "split").

Dr. Jerry is correct.  NONE of the ICOM radios can report their split status to
software.  If software [un]sets split, then it can keep track of it.  However,
if the user [un]sets split by pushing the button on the radio, all hope is
lost.

Moral: let the computer control the radio, not your fingers!

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC