[WriteLog] QTC RX Window improvements...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] QTC RX Window improvements...
From: "Boris Knezovic T93Y" <t93y@lsinter.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:49:15 +0200
Hi all!

After two years of semi-serious work in WAE CW and more than 1200 QTC's received, I would like to put some comments and ask other EU station opinions for possible improvements in Writelog QTC RX Window...

IMHO main problem of present QTC RX Window is that we need too many unnecessary keystrokes.

Basic procedure to initiate QTC traffic would be to enter QTC group number, type ALT+Q to say that you are QRV and then reach the mouse and click into area for QTC nr.1 (or it can be done like QTC group - ALT+Q - TAB - TAB). I think that we have at least one keystroke too much and that ALT+Q should put cursor into QTC nr.1 field... Also, it would be great if ALT+Q can be replaced by Function key or single character which is not used for QTC's...

QTC area is consisted of 10 text fields which I would like to see split into three separate fields for time, call and number. Because of different habits we could have user defined character for moving between the fields (in my case it is space). At the end of QTC (all three parameters received OK) I would like to have my defined character (space) to send roger ('R') and move cursor to the time field of the next QTC which would be much easier then present ALT+S - TAB combination...

When QTC is received most of the stations would expect to receive some kind of confirmation. With the present QTC RX Window you need to do it manually (ALT+K) so additional button (Function key) for 'QSL XX/XX TU' message would be a great improvement. Also, same message could be assigned to OK button which would LOG QSO/QTC and send above message...

Further area for improvement is that we need buttons (Function keys) for 'TIME?', 'CALL?' and 'NR?' messages which in case of repeat need to be entered manually.

And for the end, one "cosmetical" thing. As I do not work dupes in contests I hate to see my QSO number increased by one after I received QTC group from the station worked before. I do not know whether is possible to LOG QTC's without my serial number increased, but program is not making problem because other station's number is not received...

Above are improvements I would like to see in Writelog. I hope that other EU's will sent their comments and we would have improved QTC RX Window for the next year's WAE CW.

73's Boris T93Y

---
Boris Knezovic T93Y, P.O. Box 59, Sarajevo BA-71000, Bosnia and Herzegovina
E-mail   : t93y@lsinter.net or boris@t93y.com
WEB Page : http://www.t93y.com
---