[WriteLog] The LPT issue

To: "Writelog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] The LPT issue
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:38:44 -0700
Writeloggers:

I have long been aware that users of NT-based OS's, such as XP, have had to
take extra steps to ensure access to parallel ports with WL. Inasmuch as I
was a Win98SE user, I duly filed a number of emails that appeared on the
subject against future needs.

I have now installed XP and am busily reinstalling apps and moving data
files, trying desperately to be up and running for NA Sprint this weekend. I
would like to continue using one of my parallel ports for keying. I have
downloaded both UserPort and Direct-I/O, but I am not a computer weenie and
need help configuring whichever of these is the preferred application for
the purpose.

I do understand the basic concept of port addresses and IRQ's. However,
specific instructions how to proceed will be appreciated. Please email me
directly.

73,

Garry, NI6T