RE: [WriteLog] Can't Intialize PK-232MBX

To: "David Fisher" <d.c.fisher@att.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Can't Intialize PK-232MBX
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:22:42 -0700
Your PK232 should run just fine with the port set to 9600,N,8,1.

You did not indicate that anything at all had appeared on the screen. One
thing that often fooled PK232 owners was that, when first powered up,
sometimes nothing appears on the screen until an asterisk (shift-8)is
entered. The 232 should respond with an AEA header and "cmd:" and should be
in its default (packet) mode. Then one enters "baud" or "baudot" and enters
RTTY mode.

Garry, NI6T