[WriteLog] Two ICOM's on one port

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Two ICOM's on one port
From: mikekirchoff@msn.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:51:19 -0400
This is an interesting discussion.  It is clear to me that it can be done as
however DX4WIN has done it, it is not at all limited to "ICOM only" or any
other single manufacturer and the use of an CT-17 is not necessary either.
The program only requires the radio type and address and the "port" location
for each of the two radios. It other words, all of you who own the Yaesu's
or whatever could put two radios on the same port as us minority owners of
two ICOM's.  Even (this is probably a heresy or something) if one wanted to
put a Yaesu and an ICOM on the same port, it seems that one could.

I have 6 serial ports on my PC and they are all used (not all for ham
radio). It sure works well, but for the record, I still wouldn't use
anything but Writelog for contests even without what would be a very nice
feature.

73,

Mike, W2OO