[WriteLog] Problem with WL for CQP

To: "Writelog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with WL for CQP
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:07:18 -0700
Writeloggers:

The California QSO Party is this coming weekend---and there is a problem
with Writelog.

Most contests are single mode, whereas CQP is not. When QSYing, one wishes
to ensure that the mode follows the chosen frequency, e.g. when on 3795 LSB
and 3505 is entered, one wishes to see the rig go to 3505 CW. I believe this
requires setting up band information under the Bands menu to avoid the
ambiguity of the default listings, which show all modes for all bands, and
result in the QSY leaving the mode unchanged.

Here is what we see--whether using the default Band listings or listings
showing delineated CW and SUSB/LSB subbands. The radio responds correctly to
any SSB subband request entered into the log entry window--e.g. 3795---but
does not respond at all to a subsequent entry of 3505, or any other CW
frequency. However, if a CW frequency is selected with Set Frequency & Mode
under the Bands menu, rather than by entering the frequency in the log entry
window, the radio responds correctly and then responds as well to any other
CW or SSB frequency entry in the log entry window. IOW, the radio responds
to all SSB requests, but only responds to a CW subband request if the radio
is already on a CW frequency.

We noticed this anomaly with WL10.42C and and FT1000---corroborated on
another FT1000.

However, I have since noted that my FT1000MP also responds identically.

Some of you must have encountered this...any ideas?

Garry, NI6T