RE: [WriteLog] WL and Check call

To: "Henry" <henry@summitschool.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] WL and Check call
From: "Scot Herrick" <scot@k9jy.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:57:00 -0500
In the Entry window, a new station and a new country will say 'New Station
New Country.' When it is just a new zone, it comes up as 'New Station New
Zone.'

You can try this. I'm in Zone 4 and entered a Zone 5 call from the US. It
gave the first message and gave me multipliers for both country and zone in
the log. Then I entered a Zone 4 station in the US. It gave me the second
message and only gave the multiplier credit.

In addition, when the station is good for a new country or multiplier, the
Check Call window will be blank for the band (vs. 'OK' when something has
been worked there).

But, WL won't ring any bells for a double mult.

Hope this helps.

Scot, K9JY

Scot Herrick
See K9JY's WriteLog User Website at:
http://www.k9jy.com <http://www.k9jy.com/>
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

We're readying for WW SSB- our crew has been using CT for years, and are
going to WL this year- everything looks great as we practice, but one
thing that concerns me is checking for a new zone. When you input and set
a call, it will tell you whether or not its a new station and
country. What is doesnt tell you is if its a new zone (the old CT guys
refer to it as a double mult)- Is there a .ini line that will tell you
about a new zone when it comes up? CT used a "#" sign for a double mult.
Alos, from drawing from the archive, it seems that there is some sort of
CT emulation- does this go beyond the F1 key (got that figured out already
tnx to the archives)?
73,
Henry, W2DZO
henry@summitschool.com