[WriteLog] Quick Tune

To: vfair@innova.net
Subject: [WriteLog] Quick Tune
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:20:56 EDT
Suddenly (after playing with some available features in TRX Manager)
Whic may or may not be involved, I find that now when I tune across a
CW signal or a carrier, in SSB position there is a beat note that
changes every 10 cycles and sounds like music if you move back and
forth across the signal. Does not sound like the normal sound that
you get with the BFO in the CW position. In checking I find it now
does the same thing in the CW position. SSB signals are normal. Does
anybody know anything about this situation. Have I turned something
on or off that I dont know about. Thanks Van

OM,

This may be your problem. You apparently have Quick Tune turned on.  This is
the TS button to the right of the display.  Hold TS in for 1 sec. and you can
adjust the Quick Tune interval by turning the main dial.  On CW, you can
adjust this from 0.1 kHz to 25 kHz.  This is explained on p. 24 of the 756Pro2
manual.

In the CW mode, if you have TS set to 0.1 kHz and TS is turned on, you will
get the "musical note" when you tune across a CW signal.

GL es pse let me know if this works...or not.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450