[WriteLog] Cabrillo file for JARTS DX RTTY Contest

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo file for JARTS DX RTTY Contest
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:31:01 -0500
The WriteLog crew is busy trying to get Cabrillo added to the JARTS
module before this weekend's contest.  At this moment it is not known if they
will get it done in time, but are working on it.

I see four possible solutions here.  First, they could get it out in time and
everyone will be able to save their JARTS log in Cabrillo format.  Secondly,
they might not finish in time but finish soon after the contest to the point
where you
could upgrade WL, reload your JARTS file and then create the Cabrillo file.

Thirdly, if they do not get it done in time and don't anticipate having it
finished
soon after the contest, I might volunteer to convert WL logs to Cabrillo for
anyone
wishing me to do so.

Lastly, you could create your own Cabrillo log using WT4I Cabrillo Converter.
The Cabrillo Converter will not generate a log acceptable by JARTS as is.  It
must be
modified to adhere to the specifications required by JARTS and clearly explained
on their website at http://www.edsoftz.com/JARTS/2003/cabrillo.html.  It's not
brain surgery, but you do need to understand the specifications.

WT4I Cabrillo Converter comes with WT4I Cabrillo Tools.  You can order WT4I
Cabrillo Tools at http://www.cabrillotools.com/.  I have no affiliation with
Cabrillo Tools.

Let's hope Cabrillo is added in time for contest!  DO NOT SEND LOGS TO ME
AFTER THE CONTEST.  IF I DO DECIDE TO OFFER MY SERVICES, I WILL
SEND A POST TO THE WRITELOG & RTTY REFLECTORS WITH SPECIFIC
INSTRUCTIONS ON WHAT IS REQUIRED (TYPE OF LOG, YOUR AGE, YOUR
ADDRESS, ETC).

Thanks & 73,
Don AA5AU