[WriteLog] sounds

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sounds
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:45:02 -0000
Guys,

Trying to get set up for CQSSB...routing audio via sound card,
and provisionally using vox for control.  That may change, if I have
time.

Problem I'm finding is that each time a packet spot is received, there
is a click in the PC speaker...which, of course, routes to the rig's
mic-in, and keys the radio.

All program sounds are turned off, in control panel.  Short of muting
all sources, I don't seem to be able to stop the clicks.

Anyone got an idea?

Also, has anyone got experience with Heil mics into sound cards?

Jim  N2EA