[WriteLog] Re: Keying CW in 756pro Using WriteLog and W1GEE Serial Inter

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Keying CW in 756pro Using WriteLog and W1GEE Serial Interface
From: "Marc Ziegler, W6ZZZ" <ziegler@accesscom.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:52:58 -0800
From: "Marc Ziegler, W6ZZZ" <ziegler@accesscom.com>
> Has anyone gotten the combination of WriteLog, the W1GEE computer/radio serial
> keying module and an ICOM-756pro to work for keying CW?

Got my answer from Eric K6EP.

Put some big ferrites on my rig control line, straight key line and ACC1 line.
It now works!

I have never had a single RFI problem here running 100 watts with SSB and RTTY
into my dipoles so it wasn't something I even considered. Never any telephone
problem, computer problem, ham problem, TVI or radio interference.

   - Marc, W6ZZZ
   - when you least expect it, "RFI"