Re: [WriteLog] Idea for feature

To: <w2up@mindspring.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>,"Terry Dunlap" <kk6t@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Idea for feature
From: "Jon Harder" <jon@praxisworks.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:26:46 -0000
I believe it was Bill, W7TI, who pointed out when CQing,  setting up the rig
as if for running split makes receiving adjustment much simpler than trying
to fiddle with RIT.  I've been doing it this way for about a year now, and
it really eases the process.

After deciding where to park for a calling frequency, set VFO A = VFO B,
then go into split mode, and TX on B.  Stations calling off the freq are
quickly tuned in with the main tuning knob, or close enough for print if the
bandpass is kept at 500 hZ.  Callers who just don't take time to get near my
transmit freq can be quickly tuned well enough to print.  After working a
really far-out caller, I reset the big knob, but most of the time this isn't
needed.

When it's time to go back to S&P, kill the split mode and shift in the
narrower filter again.  Takes a little practice, but I don't miss an RIT
zero command.

Jon         K1US