Re: [WriteLog] Icom 746 Pro Control

To: sroyle@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Icom 746 Pro Control
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:24:12 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2003 10:50:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sroyle@bellsouth.net writes:

> I set the port to com 1, Icom 746 for the radio, and polling.
> I set both the computer and the radio to 9600 baud.  No matter what I do I
> cannot get Writelog to read the frequency from my radio or get it to change
> the frequency of my radio.

To make the 746Pro to work with WL:
1.)  Set the CI-V address in the 746Pro to "5ch"
2.)  CI-V Baud Rate to "9600"
3.)  CI-V Transceive to "ON"
4.)  In WL, SETUP I PORTS, select Rig Type as "Icom 756PRO", POLL checked,
CommPTT=YES.
5.)  Connect K1NU cable from the comm port you have selected to REMOTE on
746PRO.

Pse let me know if you still need help.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG