Re: [WriteLog] Problem With Reflector EXPOSED!!!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problem With Reflector EXPOSED!!!
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:09:41 -0500 (EST)
There is a great way of filtering for messages from this reflector:
Whitelist messages with "[Writelog]" in the subject line.

Any competent software (and user) will do this.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:00:38 -0800 (PST)
   From: Marty Tippin <nw0l@yahoo.com>

   --- Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com> wrote:
   > Dear WriteLog "Reflector" users:
   >
   > I have discovered several problems here with the WriteLog
   > "Reflector" which may affect others in the future as well.
   >
   > The FAQ needs immediate revision for us new subscribers getting
   > 1,000+ spam emails per day which necessitates EXTENSIVE filtering
   > to be able to survive in CyberSpace.

   If you're really getting 1000 spam e-mails a day, it's time to get
   a new e-mail address. And time to stop clicking the "unsubscribe"
   link in the spam you do get...

   I don't have any issues whatsoever with the way the reflector works
   currently; I've been on the reflector for something like 5 years
   with the same e-mail address.

   Oh - and, even though I've had the same e-mail address for well
   over 6 years, I *still* get only 20 or so spams per day...

   -NW0L