[WriteLog] dvk

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] dvk
From: Karl Kaukis <karl@kaukis.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:56:31 -0600
What do I have to change from my sound card com port RTTY setup to use DVK from my sound card? I have read all the help files and I am nothing but confused.

I can get the function key messages recorded (with a separate mike through the mike input on the sound card) - they play through the PC speakers - but I cant get the rig to key. I can get the rig to key if I check the CW com port button that I use for CW (I use the same com port for RTTY) but the rig stays keyed 100% of the time - before and after the soundcard triggers the vox (or maybe the PTT - I really don't know which is happening).

Is there an INI file setting that needs to be changed? I tried setting the INI file DVK port to the same number as my com port but no luck. Do I have to build an LPT connection to make this work? I'm a real klutz at this so any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance and CU in SS regardless - just a question of how horse I will be.

Karl
K0CIE