Re: [WriteLog] Radio will not follow bandmap clicks

To: W4LC@fuse.net
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Radio will not follow bandmap clicks
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:18:48 EST
In a message dated 11/17/2003 7:55:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, W4LC@fuse.net
writes:

> Speaking of packet spots, did anyone notice that the "Follow Me" option was
> not working?  Mine was not.  I am using the newest version.

Yes, I did notice it.  However, it may be how the SS module is designed to
work (my guess).  Since in SS you work a station once on any band, it makes
some
sense that you should always be viewing spots on all bands and, therefore,
FOLLOW ME has been disabled in the SS module.  The downside, however, with
FOLLOW ME not working is that it makes it difficult to focus on spots on the
band
you are currently working.

My recommendation is that FOLLOW ME should always work, and it be the ops
decision to use it or not, not the decision of the SS module designer.

73, Geo...

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC
941-312-9450