Re: [WriteLog] Re: W5XD Keyer & USB connection (GW4BLE)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Re: W5XD Keyer & USB connection (GW4BLE)
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:10:09 -0500 (EST)
People might want to look at the USB interface on the MixW website.
http://www.mixw.net/RigExpert/index.html
It won't do two radio contesting, but for us one radio people, it
looks interesting.

It seems to have all the bits necessary internally, including
soundcard, rig control, CW and FSK keying, and PTT, all in one USB
device.
If MMTTY and WL also supported it, that'd be convenient.

73, doug

   From: "David Douglass" <david.douglass@optusnet.com.au>
   Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:50:21 -0000

   Steve,

   No good here either...  USB-Serial adaptors seem OK for Rig Control though,
   but not much good for anything else...

   I wonder if anyone out there knows a supplier of Com Ports that are XP
   compatible, as I've been trying to source one in VK, with no luck.. I
   suppose with the good exchange rate at the moment it might be better buying
   from the US anyway.

   Thanks

   David, VK2DPD