Re: [WriteLog] Long Path

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Long Path
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:58:17 -0600
Very interesting! Yes, it was like that here too, which suggests that
there was aurora activity. I don't have a beam, and had the 50 MHz
radio turned off during CQWW, so I don't know if there was aurora on
VHF. But yes, the nearly all signals from north of roughly 50 degrees
north latitude (especially zones 16, 17, 18, and 19) had the most
pronounced aurora sound.  As I recall, this condition was limited to 20
meters (or as least most pronounced on 20).

Jim K9YC