[WriteLog] Connection Problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Connection Problems
From: vilbe8@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:15:23 EST
Hello all,

I am new to Writelog.  I had been using TR for years, but it got to the point
that the very old computer was just not up to the task, so I upgraded the
computer and the software.  NOw I have a few questions and need some assistance.

The setup.

I run a Pentium III with Windows ME.  I installed two additional serial ports
which are identified in the computer as COM2 and COM5.  I installed a second
paralell port which is identified in the computer as LPT 2.

I run SO2R.  My usual set up in TR was to have the rig control through COM 1
and 2 and run the CW controlled from the Rig via LPT 1 and 2 to each rig.

I am trying to connect the rigs with the new computer through COM 1 and 2.
COM 1 runs FB, but COM2 I get a "Comm port busy" message, even though nothing
is connected except the rig.  I have checked the SETUP window and it indicates
that there are no IRQ conflicts.  Any thoughts on what could be the issue?
Also, is it possible to have WRITELOG identify either COM 3 or 4 as COM 5 and
use the other serial port I have installed in the computer.

Next question.  It appears that I can only run CW through one LPT port.
True??  If so, how do I run CW from the computer to the two radios?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
K3WU