[WriteLog] Unique Twist On Voice-Keying - Final Plea

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Unique Twist On Voice-Keying - Final Plea
From: Eric Hilding <writelog@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:56:46 -0800
I understand there is no interest in supporting a 'complex' program modification for some of my previous suggestions about increasing Voice-Keying option flexibility.

One final plea...for a just one very SIMPLE option which would, for those of us interested and willing to do a major end-user recording/editing project, solve much of the need to produce a SUBSTANTIALLY REDUCED 'robotic' sound.

Based upon a master list of stations worked in successive SSB contests, pre-recording FULL call signs AND an entire range of complete serial numbers, my estimate is that the first use could be possibly 80% NON-Robotic in sound.

All that would be needed is for:

1. The program to first check for a FULL qsowindowcallsign.wav and a FULL serialnumber.wav file. If these exist, the NON-Robotic .wav files are played

2. For the callsign, if the FULL callsign.wav file is not found, then to pull the individual letter/number.wav files.

I can't imagine such a tweak requiring but a few lines of code.

Thank you for your consideration.

73...

Rick, K6VVA