[WriteLog] "Preset Exchange from ADI file" tool presentation on theweb

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] "Preset Exchange from ADI file" tool presentation on theweb
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:00:41 -0600
I used WriteLog's "Preset Exchange from ADI file" tool in last weekend's ARRL
RTTY Roundup.  It was a great help and allowed me to use less keystrokes and
mouse clicks during the contest.  Most of my QSO's were completed with only two
keystrokes - Insert and + on the keypad.  This ultimately saved energy and
allowed to me enjoy the contest more.

I used the DXbase 2004 Selection Wizard to filter out USA QSO's and imported
only USA QSO's into this year's WriteLog file.  Since I did not know you could
merge ADIF files simply by copying and pasting them together, I did not import
VE QSO's last weekend.  However, I've since figured this out I realized I could
also filter Canadian QSO's using DXbase then merge the USA and VE ADIF files
together.  I have already set up next year's Roundup log using this year's QSO
information for both USA & VE stations worked.

You don't have to own DXbase to use the "Preset Exchange from ADI file" tool,
but it can help in contests where some stations send serial numbers and some
don't.

I wanted to share this information with others so I created a webpage on
rttycontesting.com with instructions on how to use this tool along with detailed
instructions on how to filter QSO's using DXbase for DXbase owners.

The link is in the right-hand column at http://www.rttycontesting.com.  If you
look at it once, then look at it again and it appears different, it's because
I'm playing around with different styles & themes.

73, Don AA5AU