RE: [WriteLog] Need help on SO2R CW on 2 COM ports - Results

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Need help on SO2R CW on 2 COM ports - Results
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:36:07 -0600
Don,

I think one of the things you may be overlooking, is that you have to switch a
whole lot more than just the CW keying back and forth to both radios.  The way
that multiple radio rtty works is quite different.

Your headphones need to be switched from one radio to the other.  The PTT from
the computer(if you use it) also needs to be switched.  If you use a
footswitch(more useful for SSB) but many CW ops will use it when sending slowly
to hold their relays in.  In order to control all of this, the LPT port is used
where you get a radio 1 / radio 2 toggle output.

W5XD's box does all of this very elagantly with one serial port.  The others,
like the ZS4TX Super Combo Keyer that I use, may be controlled by the LPT port.

I'm running XP and using "UserPort" to enable the LPT port, and it works great!

73,
Bob N5NJ